DANNY ROSE remains determined to quit Tottenham at the end of next season – despite Jose Mourinho’s arrival as manager.The left-back has hailed the Special One’s appointment, claiming it shows how far Spurs have come.1 Danny Rose has insisted he will leave Tottenham next summer despite the arrival of Jose MourinhoCredit: Getty – ContributorBut the England ace is still adamant he will run down the final 18 months of his contract before leaving.It is just over three weeks since Mourinho took over as manager following the sacking of Mauricio Pochettino.But Rose, the club’s longest-serving star, said: “I’ve never had a conversation with him and I don’t see why I need to.“As I said before, I’m here for the next 18 months so I don’t see why I need to have a conversation with the manager.“I want to do as well as I possibly can, work as hard as I can to achieve what looked impossible a few weeks ago, and that is finishing in the top four.”I never thought I would be managed by Jose Mourinho at Tottenham. That’s credit to the club, how well they’ve progressedDanny RoseRose, 29, is yet to make a Premier League start under Mourinho, who has preferred Ben Davies and, latterly Jan Vertonghen in the top-flight.But the England defender started his second successive Champions League clash under his new manager in Spurs’ 3-1 defeat at Bayern Munich on Wednesday when several other big-name starts were given the night off ahead of Sunday’s clash at fellow top-four chasers Wolves.Rose said: “I hope the lads who have rested at home will be ready to go at the weekend and I hope we can continue the great performance from the weekend.”Asked how he is finding life under Mourinho, the defender added: “It’s very good. I had the privilege of working under Mauricio for five-and-a-half years and now, I have to be honest, I never thought I would be managed by Jose Mourinho at Tottenham.“That’s credit to the club, how well they’ve progressed throughout the years and to get someone like Jose has been obviously brilliant.Most Read in FootballTHROUGH ITRobbie Keane reveals Claudine’s father was ’50-50′ in coronavirus battleTOP SELLERGavin Whelan has gone from League of Ireland to David Beckham’s InstagramPicturedAN EYEFULMeet Playboy model and football agent Anamaria Prodan bidding to buy her own clubExclusiveRIYAD RAIDMan City’s Riyad Mahrez has three luxury watches stolen in £500,000 raidI SAW ROORodallega saw Rooney ‘drinking like madman’ & Gerrard ‘on bar dancing shirtless’NEXT STEPJonny Hayes set to move to English Championship having been let go by CelticACCA WITH LADBROKES Pick up a whole load of acca features to help you land the big one“He’s one of the most decorated managers of my lifetime so it’s been a good start for the team and I’ve enjoyed it so far.“I feel very lucky to work under him. He’s won a lot of trophies and we’re all excited to see.“We want to do well in the Champions League and, as I said, he is a serial winner so I imagine we will be looking to win the FA Cup and finishing in the top four of the League.”José Mourinho compares Son wonder-goal vs Burnley to legendary Ronaldo Nazário strike for Barcelona
8SOL Campbell has been slammed for suggesting the coronavirus is a “designed mistake”.The ex-Arsenal, Spurs and England star took to Twitter with the wild conspiracy theory that the virus “deliberately attacks a certain blood type”.⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates8 Sol Campbell has been slammed for suggesting the coronavirus is ‘manmade’Credit: PA:Press Association8 The former Arsenal and England star tweeted that the virus might be a ‘designed mistake’Credit: TwitterIn his tweet, Southend manager Campbell initially referred to an article about the shocking ONS statistics which show that black Brits are four times more likely to die from the coronavirus.Above this, he wrote: “Was this virus a natural mistake or a designed mistake…?”I wonder does this virus deliberately attacks a certain blood type….?”Sol’s tweet provoked anger online, with one Twitter user responding: “Don’t be that guy Sol…”Another wrote: “There’s still time to delete this…”The football season was brought to an abrupt end in mid-March as the country went into lockdown to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.While Project Restart aims to get the Premier League up and running again soon, there are fears for League One and Two sides who face the prospect of the season being prematurely ended.This would mean relegation for Sol’s Southend United – who sit in 22nd place in League One, 16 points behind AFC Wimbledon.888 Real Housewife Leanne Brown was criticised for claiming a coronavirus vaccine would be “dangerous”Credit: InstagramSAFETY FIRSTBut Sol said that safety must come first for footballers.He told the Southend Echo: ““I think safety has to come before anything else.“I know other countries are looking to come back and Germany are close to playing again but their numbers have been lower than ours.“I don’t think you can consider bringing back football here until it’s safe to do so but we have to be ready for every possible outcome.”Campbell is not the only famous person to indulge in coronavirus conspiracy theories.Last week, Real Housewives star Leanne Brown was criticised for claiming a coronavirus vaccine would be “dangerous”.MOST READ IN FOOTBALLTHROUGH ITRobbie Keane reveals Claudine’s father was ’50-50’ in coronavirus battleTOP SELLERGavin Whelan has gone from League of Ireland to David Beckham’s InstagramI SAW ROORodallega saw Rooney ‘drinking like madman’ & Gerrard ‘on bar dancing shirtless’PicturedAN EYEFULMeet Playboy model and football agent Anamaria Prodan bidding to buy her own clubExclusiveRIYAD RAIDMan City’s Riyad Mahrez has three luxury watches stolen in £500,000 raidThe wife of ex-Manchester United ace Wes Brown made the comments during a video uploaded to Instagram, in which she dubbed the nation-wide lockdown a form of “state control”.Speaking to her 260,000 Instagram followers, Leanne said: “I hope it won’t be mandatory in the UK, because I definitely won’t be having it.”It comes as Prime Minister Boris Johnson is set to unveil a ‘roadmap’ for the country’s next steps following seven weeks of lockdown on Sunday evening in an address to the nation.CORONAVIRUS CRISIS – STAY IN THE KNOWDon’t miss the latest news and figures – and essential advice for you and your family.To receive The Sun’s Coronavirus newsletter in your inbox every tea time, sign up here.To follow us on Facebook, simply ‘Like’ our Coronavirus page.Get Britain’s best-selling newspaper delivered to your smartphone or tablet each day – find out more.8 The ex-England star has said that safety must come first for footballers if the season returnsCredit: Getty – Contributor8 Sol’s Southend could face relegation if League One is finishedCredit: Rex Features
Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Tumbler Ridge residents are still without power after the lights went out at around 5am this morning.In the latest update from BC Hydro they are now trying to have power back on by mid afternoon Monday. Two circuit breakers in the Tumbler Ridge Substation are not working properly with the cold weather. The temperature is still around minus 40.The District has set up an emergency operations centre in the community for residents who need a warm place to stay. The centre is located at the Tumbler Ridge Town Hall.- Advertisement -Only a small number of people have used the town hall at this point because the majority of the town is prepared for outages like these with generators and gas heat.According to Tumbler Ridge Councilor Jerrilyn Schembri, the community is also working on a plan to provide other forms of power like wind or bio mass energy.