SEPTEMBERPret A Manger revealed that its new SlimPRET half sandwiches accounted for 12% of its overall sandwich turnover, after a roll out to all stores. Pret started trials of the product last year.Sandwich chain O’Briens completed a £600,000 upgrade of its 145 outlets. Greencore Pizza consulted unions over plans to restructure its business, closing its Deeside bakery where it makes pizza crusts. Bakery Services revealed it had spent a second year in the red as it posted its results for the year to March 31, reporting pre-tax losses of £55,854. Rank Hovis announced it was raising its flour price by between £10 and £12 a tonne, effective from September 25. It said it was responding to rising overheads.Harry Kear said he had spent £500,000 on refurbishing the three Rathbone Kear bakeries in Wigan, Wakefield and Middlesbrough. He said he planned to develop the Rathbones brand on bread.UK supermarkets are among the world’s cheapest, figures from the Economist Intelligence Unit, suggested. A loaf of bread costs 59p in a supermarket in London, compared to £3.14 in a supermarket in Tokyo, Japan – the most expensive city in the world. London was the 19th cheapest city for supermarket bread, out of 127 cities surveyed around the world. DSM Bakery Ingredients was renamed GB Ingredients following its change of ownership. Warburtons overtook Kingsmill as the UK’s number two bread brand on sales, with Hovis remaining in the top spot, according to data from TNS. Warburtons notched up £200m-£205m sales, around £5m more than the Kingsmill brand over the year to June 19. But if Allied Bakeries’ £10- £15m Allinsons brand is included, Allied draws ahead of Warburtons. Hovis sales were worth £245-£250m.Cafe chain Druckers said it planned to double its estate by 2009, rolling out a new “softer” colour scheme. Peter Knowles, chairman of Peters Cathedral Bakers, was named Baker of the Year at the Baking Industry Awards. Bakery Food Manufacturer of the Year went to La Fornaia.The British Confectioners’ Association celebrated its 100th anniversary. RHM unveiled a new advertising campaign for Hovis Best of Both, featuring talking ducks. The Food Standards Agency warned consumers to be vigilant after a spate of incidents where bread produced at Allied Bakeries’ Orpington site was deliberately contaminated. Allied Bakeries received five complaints of fragments of glass or sewing needles in Kingsmill sliced bread.Scottish company Aulds suffered a major fire at its frozen desserts factory in Inchinnan. Caffé Nero claimed to be the UK’s fastest growing coffee chain as it posted its preliminary results for the year to May 31. It said its market share grew 1% to 12% over the year. Operating profit grew 155% to £6m, with sales up 39% to £70.1m.RHM Bread bakeries discontinued its Lower Salt loaves, with 50% less salt, due to lower-than-expected sales. Allied Bakeries appointed Brian Robinson as CEO, effective from November. CEO Des Pullen was promoted to group human resources director for parent Associated British Foods. Canterbury Foods started a strategic review of its business after a £11.5m half-year loss. Chief executive Paul Ainsworth said he aims to reduce debt and focus on pastry and food ingredients. Krispy Kreme MD Don Henshall said it was on track to break even in the UK – a year ahead of its three-year target.
Plant bakers have been hit as supermarkets Asda, Tesco and Morrisons lock into a new price war.Asda announced last week that it was lowering 10,000 prices worth £250m in a staggered programme. And Tesco followed by saying it was to slash £270m off prices this week. Then Morrisons this week said it was making 2,000 price cuts in the next two weeks.One of the lines affected in the price cuts is Tesco Thick Sliced White Loaf, which has been reduced from 54p to 49p.And at Asda, Warburtons Sliced Rolls 12-pack are down from £1.25 to £1.
The British Sandwich Association (BSA) has consulted some of the largest sandwich producers and retailers to develop online training courses for improving food safety and hygiene.Greggs, Subway, Tesco and Marks & Spencer have all had input into the new courses, which cover sandwich production in both the manufacturing and retail sectors.The online courses cover six sections, such as personal hygiene, food safety regulations and cross-contamination, with questions at the end of each. Once successfully completed, the learner will receive a BSA-approved certificate via email.”A lot of food hygiene courses are very general, but this new online course covers issues that are specific to sandwich-making, whether that is how to wash and prepare lettuce or the shelf-life of different ingredients,” said Jim Winship, director of the BSA.The sandwich production course for manufacturing was launched last month, while the retail version, targeted at sandwich bars, coffee shops and retail bakers, launches at the end of May. The courses cost £30 plus VAT.
Morrisons is using new bakery improvers in its in-store bread to meet the Food Standards Agency’s 2012 salt targets ahead of schedule.Bakery trading manager Andy Clegg said it had been a long project, but the new improvers meant all its ISB bread now met the 2012 targets of 1g of salt per 100g of bread. “We have changed the recipe to ensure better flavour and a better crust formation as well,” said Clegg. The supermarket, which saw total sales (excluding fuel) up 9.2% in its first quarter, said in-store bakery had been performing “brilliantly”.Morrisons’ bakery sales have been tracking ahead of the latest market data. “The latest 12-week figures from Nielsen for total bakery sales, show an overall increase of 0.8% and we’re tracking ahead of that at 4.5%,” said Clegg.
Delice de France has launched its Christmas range, which includes mincemeat pies, cakes and savoury snacks. On the savoury side there is a sage and onion pavé crusty loaf, festive savoury slice and pork and stuffing roll, while four varieties of mince pies also feature in the range: shallow mince pie, mini mincemeat pies, luxury shortcrust mincemeat crown and a Viennese mince pie.Other products include a chocolate, cherry and cranberry bundt cake; a luxury Christmas fruit cake topped with glacé cherries, fruit and nuts; a winter spiced muffin and Black Forest flowerpot muffin; snowball cupcakes; and a mixed confectionery box containing a Viennese mince pie, mallow pudding and chocolate flake cake.
WhatsApp Twitter Twitter By Associated Press – March 3, 2020 1 269 Pinterest Google+ WhatsApp Google+ Suit dismissed over Indiana attorney general groping claims Facebook Facebook Previous articleElkhart High School officially has a logoNext articleJudge overturns porn conviction of Jared Fogle associate Associated PressNews from the Associated Press and its network of reporters and publications. Indiana Attorney General Curtis Hill arrives for a hearing at the state Supreme Court in the Statehouse, Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2019, in Indianapolis. Hill faces a hearing over whether allegations that he drunkenly groped four women at a bar amounted to professional misconduct. (AP Photo/Michael Conroy) A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit filed against Indiana’s attorney general by four women who say he drunkenly groped them during a party.Republican Attorney General Curtis Hill has denied the allegations and his lawyers argued the women didn’t have a valid case for sexual harassment under federal law because they all worked for state government’s legislative branch while Hill is an elected officer of the executive branch.Judge Jane Magnus-Stinson wrote in Monday’s ruling that the women described “disgraceful and reprehensible conduct” but the allegations didn’t meet the legal standard to establish a violation of federal law.Hill said in a statement that he was grateful for the ruling and looked forward to continuing as attorney general. Pinterest IndianaLocalNewsSouth Bend Market
CoronavirusIndianaLocalNewsSouth Bend Market Indiana in Phase Four of Back On Track plan By Tommie Lee – June 10, 2020 1 1126 Twitter WhatsApp Google+ Pinterest Facebook Facebook Previous articleUPDATE: Missing Elkhart woman has been foundNext articleBerrien County Youth Fair prepares to serve up fair food for Father’s Day Tommie Lee Pinterest Twitter (Photo supplied/State Of Indiana) As health indicators remain positive, Governor Eric Holcomb announced all 92 counties in the state can advance to Stage 4 of the Back On Track Indiana plan on Friday, June 12.Indiana Back On Track has five stages. Local governments may impose more restrictive guidelines.“I’m grateful to Hoosiers who have helped maintain our momentum and slow the spread of COVID-19 by exercising caution and following health guidance,” Gov. Holcomb said. “As we advance to Stage 4 and further reopen Indiana for business, we’ll continue to monitor our progress and make data-informed decisions.”Gov. Holcomb has used data to drive decisions since the state’s first case of the novel coronavirus in early March and he will continue to do so as the state continues a sector-by-sector reset. The state will move to reopen while continuing to monitor and respond to these four guiding principles:The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients statewide has decreased for 14 daysThe state retains its surge capacity for critical care beds and ventilatorsThe state retains its ability to test all Hoosiers who are COVID-19 symptomatic as well as health care workers, first responders, and frontline employeesHealth officials have systems in place to contact all individuals who test positive for COVID-19 and expand contact tracingAs the state lifts restrictions and more people return to work, visit a store or restaurant, and participate in more activities, the number of COVID-19 cases will increase. If these principles cannot be met, all or portions of the state may need to pause on moving forward or may need to return to an earlier phase of the governor’s Back On Track roadmap.In Stage 4, Hoosiers 65 and over and those with high-risk health conditions – who are the most vulnerable to the coronavirus – should remain at home as much as possible. Face coverings in public places are recommended.Social gatherings of up to 250 people will be permitted following the CDC’s social distancing guidelines.Outdoor visitation may take place at assisted living facilities and nursing homes. Hospital visitations with precautions are encouraged.Retail, commercial businesses and malls may open at full capacity.Dining room food service may open at up to 75 percent capacity as long as social distancing is observed. Bar seating in restaurants may open at 50 percent capacity. Bars and nightclubs may open at 50 percent capacity as long as they adhere to social distancing guidelines.Cultural, entertainment and tourism sites may open at 50 percent capacity.Movie theaters, bowling alleys and similar facilities may open at 50 percent capacity.Amusement parks, water parks and similar facilities may open at 50 percent capacity. Reservations are encouraged to limit the number of customers at any one time. Playgrounds may reopen.Community recreational non-contact sports practices, games and tournaments may resume. Contact sports, such as football, basketball, rugby or wrestling, can conduct conditioning and non-contact drills. Contact sports may resume games or tournaments beginning Friday, June 19. Before any games or tournaments, the host must make publicly available a COVID response plan outlining the steps being taken to ensure social distancing, increased sanitation and overall protection of competitors, coaches, staff, and spectators.Raceways may open at 50 percent grandstand capacity.Pari-mutuel horse racing may begin with no spectators at Hoosier Park and Indiana Grand facilities. Charity gaming and casinos may open Monday, June 15 with the approval of the Indiana Gaming Commission.Conventions, fairs, festivals, parades and similar events remain closed.If health indicators remain positive, the state will move to Stage 5 in early July. To learn more about the different stages and the associated dates to get a better understanding about where we’re going as a state, click here to see the full plan: BackOnTrack.in.govThe Governor has signed an executive order implementing Stage 4 of the Back on Track Indiana roadmap. The executive order can be found here: https://www.in.gov/gov/2384.htmThe Critical Industries Hotline continues to be available from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET Monday through Friday to respond to business and industry questions about whether a business is considered essential. The center may be reached by calling 877-820-0890 or by emailing [email protected] to frequently asked questions and instructions to file for COVID-19-related unemployment are available at Unemployment.IN.gov. Google+ WhatsApp
IndianaLocalNews Google+ Twitter Facebook Pinterest Pinterest Twitter Google+ (Photo Supplied/Netflix) Four cities in Indiana are suing online streaming services, such as Netflix and Hulu. The lawsuit demands that those streaming services pay the same franchise fees to local governments that cable companies must pay.The Northwest Indiana Times reports the class-action filed earlier this month argues that Disney, Netflix, Hulu, DirecTV, and DISH Network must pay a 5% franchise fee of gross revenue to the localities of where the customers live because of the use of internet equipment in the public right of way to transmit programming.It was filed by Indianapolis, Valparaiso, Fishers, and Evansville.To date, none of the defendants — Netflix, Disney, Hulu, DirectTV, and Dish Network — have registered as a franchise or paid the required fees to the plaintiffs — Valparaiso, Fishers, Indianapolis, and Evansville — or any of the 600 other Indiana units of local government potentially owed money, according to the lawsuit.The lawsuit also demands the companies be required to pay unpaid fees for past services and future fees that are required by law.An estimate of how much money is owed statewide is not known.The companies have not issued a response to the lawsuit. Facebook Four Indiana cities suing streaming services WhatsApp By Jon Zimney – August 18, 2020 2 273 Previous articleNo fall football means tough financial times ahead at Purdue UniversityNext articleVeterinary Medical Assoc: Don’t give pot to your pets Jon ZimneyJon Zimney is the News and Programming Director for News/Talk 95.3 Michiana’s News Channel and host of the Fries With That podcast. Follow him on Twitter @jzimney. WhatsApp
IndianaLocalNewsSouth Bend Market WhatsApp Facebook By Tommie Lee – February 25, 2021 0 343 Facebook Pinterest Officer in Pulaski County suspended after cash missing from evidence A Pulaski County detective has been suspended and is suspected of possible criminal activity.WSBT reports that Detective Jason Woodruff was suspended Thursday morning after the sheriff was alerted to discrepancies in cash that was being held in the evidence room. Woodruff has been the officer in charge of evidence.The FBI is investigating and no charges have been filed yet in the case. Previous articleSpecial enrollment opens for federal health insurance marketplaceNext articleFormer Michigan Governor confirmed as Energy Secretary Tommie Lee Twitter Twitter Google+ Pinterest WhatsApp Google+
This translation is no longer available. You can find the original version of this content at https://www.gov.uk/government/news/reino-unido-e-brasil-assinam-acordos-durante-10-reuniao-do-jetco.pt